When your child has cancer, it can overshadow every other aspect of your family’s day-to-day life. At Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children, we understand the challenges you are facing. Our comprehensive pediatric ccancer ccare program addresses both the medical and emotional needs of children with cancer and blood disorders.
Our caregivers work closely with social workers, child life specialists and pain relief specialists to help your child and your family manage and cope through diagnosis, treatment and management of your child’s illness. We will explain what is happening and walk you through every step.
Child life specialists use dolls and words children can understand to demonstrate and describe the treatment they will receive. Adolescents are given appropriate support that takes into account the effect cancer and cancer treatment can have on the life of a teenager.
Services & Treatments
- Pediatric stem cell transplant
- Sickle Cell Center for Southern Louisiana
- Bleeding & Clotting Center of Louisiana
- Pediatric Bone Marrow and Stem Cell Transplant program
- Children’s Oncology Group member hospital
- Childhood malignancies
- Childhood immunodeficiencies
- Pediatric bone marrow failure syndrome
- Bleeding and clotting disorders
- Sickle cell disease
Pediatric Cancer Care Team
Our inter-disciplinary physician team includes:
- Board- certified Pediatric Hematologists and Oncologists
To make an appointment or learn more, call (504) 988-6253.