Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children "Patient Transfer" Access Center
Transfer a PatientThe right hospital.
The right service.
The right time.
The Tulane Lakeside Hospital for Women and Children features the latest in telecommunications technology and is staffed by RNs with backgrounds in emergency and critical care.
The Access Center will facilitate all patient transfers to our hospitals. Our team is available 24/7 and will handle every step of the transfer or admission. You make one call. We take it from there.
Our team will:
- Locate the accepting physician
- Connect sending and accepting physicians by a recorded physician-to-physician call
- Confirm bed availability, obtain hospital approval and notify receiving departments
- Assist in securing transportation
- Obtain and document necessary patient information
- Track transfer from time of call to patient arrival
- Provide immediate feedback to close the loop with all referring physicians and facilities
Why transfer to Tulane Health System?
- Acclaimed teaching, research and medical facility
- Full range of adult inpatient and outpatient services
- Cutting-edge research and clinical trials through Tulane Comprehensive Cancer Clinic, Tulane Transplant Institute and other service lines
- Accredited, award-winning comprehensive stroke program
- Fully accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and the only TJC Ventricular Assist Device Center in Orleans Parish
- Only dedicated facility of its kind serving the greater New Orleans area
- Pediatric and neonatal intensive care units with in-house neonatal transport/flight team
- Pediatric ER staffed by board-certified pediatricians and pediatric emergency-certified nurses
To transfer a patient, call